Ok, so about a week ago I moved to the Philippines..
1. (NY) Fish = special treat.........(Phil) Fish = everyday survival if you don't want to go hungry
2. (NY) "Got it?" (and for those video game fans out there--"Got it memorized? and/or Commit it to memory?" quoted from Axel)......(Phil) "Gets?"
3. (NY) MySpace and/or Facebook account = a must have.....(Phil) Friendster = social life
4. (NY) "Let's go to Applebee's/McDonalds/Chinese/pizza!"....
5. (NY) balut = coolest and yummiest exotic food ever (Ok, not really..but I still know a lot of people who eat it).....(Phil) balut = you must be completely insane and disgusting to eat it
6. (NY) the mile-run test = pure evil of exhaustion......(Phil) C.A.T. = EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
7. (NY) anime = "What the hell is that?"..........(Phil) anime = it's so common that even the teachers know what it is
8. (Ny) semi-embarrassing moments = everyone snickering......(Phil) semi-embarrassing moments: "UUUUUUUYYYY!"
9. (NY) multilingual = "Yo no hablo espanol."................(Phil) "I'm getting a nosebleed!"
10. (NY) the term 'gay' = "You're so gay/That's so gay/etc." (the most inappropriate thing to say).....(Phil) the term 'gay' = "You're 'a' gay" (even the teachers use it!)
11. (NY) ethnic communities = pride/support the different nations!!.....(Phil) ethnic communities = filipinofilipinofilipinofilpino with the random tourists/Korean, Japanese, Chinese communities in their own little secluded corner
12. (NY) not going to college = WHATTHEFUCKAREYOUDOING!?......(Phil) not going to college = not attending school is pretty common
Ok, I think there's more...but I'm too lazy to think of them..so I'll update later...(see, Ate? I update on here too. xD)
- Current Location:a non-airconditioned room
- Current Mood: lonely
- Current Music:Rainbow by SouthBorder